Monday, November 10, 2008

JONATHAN HANNA

Jonathan Hanna was my best friend growing up. From age 5 or 6 until 22, if I was in South Carolina, I was spending time with Jonathan. Not only was he the only Christian I knew growing up (and a Christian who was faithful to share the Gospel with me), but he remains one of the funniest people I've ever known. Several of my shticks were developed in conjunction with Jonathan. For example, Jonathan was the one to come up with the idea to come up with ideas for TV shows.

Although this blog is named after a bit created in conjunction with John Power (my dear friend from college), I consider 'funny John Power' as a sort of shadow or type of the reality of funny--Jonathan (even though this reverses the order of biblical typology which always proceeds in time and space from type to antitype).

What I'd like to do with this blog is exactly what Jonathan and I did for 17 years--put down anything I think of, alone or in conjunction with dear brothers, that is notably funny.

No comments: